Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Classic

From today's White House briefing by Scott McClellan:

Q Scott, you talk about looking ahead, and on that point, why should the American people have confidence? If another disaster strikes and they hear you from that podium say that the federal authorities, FEMA is working closely with state and local officials to address all the concerns on the ground, why should the American people have confidence in that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Let's, first of all, hope that nothing like this ever happens again in our lifetime.
The whole thing is giant. The blatant refusal to express full confidence in Brown is one of the all-time greats. Read the transcript here. Watch for yourself here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Scotty, since major disasters happen all the time, I hope that lots of major disasters happen in my lifetime.

I sure don't want to die next month.

Of course, it would be good if the rate of major disasters were reduced, but I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

But don't kill me, ok.

Killing me will only prevent inconvenient observations, not disasters.

Newer Post Older Post Home